Monday 1 October 2012

This is not just a wedding, it's an m&s wedding


5 followers! yey! Thanks so much.

What a busy weekend I've had! On Saturday the mother in law and I had a coffee morning to raise money for Macmillan cancer care. We raised over £120 which I was really impressed with.

I realised that I hadn't uploaded a picture of my candy from Becky over at http://attic-crafter.blogspot.co.uk/
Here it is as a whole- (there is a paper pad buried underneath all of the goodies.)

And here's a close up of the charms.
I'm trying to persuade myself to use them and not keep them in a box so that I can stare at them lovingly.... my preciousssssssss.......
On Sunday a couple of our friends were married in Judges Hotel in Yarm. It was a beautiful wedding, the food was to die for, the bride glowed and Mr Jelly's friend kept the table updated with the Ryder cup results.
The title of the post comes from the Groom. I noticed this issue when I started to make their card. I wanted something along the lines of paper cut initials. However, their names are Mark and Stacey, so either it was an M&S card or an S&M card...... awkward! The Groom cracked the joke after someone commented on the wedding cake being nice- it was an M&S cake. None of us had realised that they’d also had the after wedding drinks shaped into the initials S&M.
In the end, after 2 long hours of fighting with my card makers block, this is what I came up with-
The stamp is a £1 Hobbycraft clear stamp (their own range), I've used old paper and concord distress inks, an edge punch my mother had given me that day, ribbon from my stash, pearls and love charm from the stash I won from Becky, pink bakers twine from dove crafts, roses and hat pin from WOC, a paper rose from a free cricut SVG file and papers from a block called dreamtime. If anyone wants further info or links just let me know and I'll dig them out.

I am actually proud of this one. I was slightly less proud when I realised that I didn’t have an envelope to fit. I ended up making a gift box for it and tying it in ribbons.

I am now on the hunt for 9” pizza boxes after reading on some helpful blog that these work well as replacement envelopes to protect your card.

Also- my card is photographed on a non stick sheet I’m using as my craft base. When I was in Carlisle and the lady was showing me how to use the distress inks she recommended I buy a non stick craft matt. After looking on the net for one and finding out that they were £15 I hunted blogger land for another suggestion. Another nice lady recommended that you go to the pound shop and buy their non stick baking sheet. It’s only A4 in size but it does the same job. For a pound. Can’t be robbed.
I really need to start making note of these blogs I’m getting hints and tips from but I read so many!

We've also been experimenting in the last week with the Hairy Bikers diet book. Mammy and Daddy Jelly (who shall now be known and grandma and Pops- which is Lucy's name for them) did a big batch cook. This is the filling for the pies-
It was bloody lovely and I will be making some in the near future. Pizza dough instead of pastry is the way forward!

Well good bye for now- hope this card maker’s block shifts soon!

Jelly
Xx

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful!! Congrats on winning Becky's candy .. looks like a great pile of fabulousness!! Laura x

    ReplyDelete